- This event has passed.
What is Nervous System Regulation and Why it’s Important for Your Health.
January 8 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm$50
Have you heard the terms “poly-vagal” and “nervous system regulation” but aren’t sure why they’re important?
Nervous system “dys-regulation” happens over time when we are exposed to trauma or long-term survival stress. This results in diagnosed illness, digestive problems, emotional challenges and syndromes that can seem mystifying.
This live, in-person class will have two parts –
- We’ll talk about your sympathetic and parasympathetic (poly-vagal) systems. And how they dance together when all is working well.
- We’ll explore practices for stimulating the part of your nervous system involved in a sense of well-being and social engagement.
Social engagement, noticing the world around you and “taking in the good” are as important as calming activities like meditation, and their importance may be easily overlooked.
My goal in this class is to expand your knowledge, explore what poly-vagal activities are and help you incorporate them into your everyday life.
A regulated humanity starts with each one of us.
See you at Nourish Coaches!
20% discount for NJEA and NJPSA members. Please contact me at email@example.com to register with discount.
Things to know –
- Registration required
- I’ll keep the class small for everyone’s comfort – 10 max.
- We will be doing some gentle movement, either sitting or standing
- You’ll receive a welcome email the week before class
- No refunds after January 1. I will gladly offer a credit towards future events.